Sunday, January 13, 2013





Today, I could've stayed in the back yard.  Not a bad idea; tall pine trees with pillow dollops of snow weighing down the branches, here-and-there views of the not too distant glimmering lake, and endless trails connecting to one another all at my back step.  But, instead, the dogs and I warranted something different.  I hadn't seen the lake in a while except at a glance while driving or walking through town, or from up on the mountain top at one of the ski resorts.



What I mean is:  I hadn't spent time with the lake in a while.  In several months a while. I woke up today and needed time with the lake.  So, the dogs and I made the short drive down the hill to Lake Forest.  We parked the car, jumped out and made a run for the beach at the glistening, crystal clear water of Lake Tahoe and Skylandia beach.  And it was perfect, snow covered and a balmy 22 degrees outside but, sunny and perfect.

Dancing down the beach, music in my left ear, the lapping water and breeze in my right, smiling with joy and fighting off the cold with my dance, I took in the fresh mountain air.  I took in the breathtaking views of peaks and snow and sun on the water.  I watched my dogs play and dig and gallop and chomp at, on, and with the snowy beach.  I found my breath.  I laughed out loud.



Isn't it incredible how we are presented with beautiful things and happenings and still not take the time to fully envelop them?  Truly enjoy them and take them in?  Whether it's people or our funny dogs or a beautiful landscape, its time that we need to give.  Even just one extra minute, one extra moment of calm can change the whole shape of the day.

Thank goodness for that.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Molly,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Lake Forest to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete